Practicing the traditional skills of listening and laying on of hands, I offer consultations, second opinions, case management and treatment of joint, soft tissue and neural injuries of the spine and extremities, including:
- Back and neck strains
- Spinal disc disorders
- Tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis of the shoulder, elbow hip, knee, etc
- Repetitive strain injury such as carpal tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome
- Musculoskeletal pain that has not been diagnosed or relieved by other practitioners
- Alternatives to surgery
- Work, motor vehicle, athletic and other accidents and injuries (note: not able to accept new work comp cases with DOI after January 2005)
You can find out more here: My body is my home.
- Adequate time for listening and thorough examination– usually one hour for the first visit, 30-40 minutes thereafter
- Individualized case management, with referral to modalities such as physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, or surgical consultation as deemed appropriate.
- Strong emphasis on nutrition, life style modification, stress reduction, and developing self-awareness
- Osteopathic manual therapies
- Selective use of medication and diagnostic testing
- Yoga consultations for individualized practice modification necessitated by pain, injury, degenerative conditions or other limitations
- Collaboration and communication with referring and primary health care providers for a team approach
- To facilitate optimum health and function of the whole person, considering the interrelationship of body, mind and spirit, from the musculoskeletal viewpoint
You can find out more about R.S.I. here.